Year 5 and 6 Camp Recount

Task description: A few weeks ago we had year 5 and 6 camp on our school field. This week for writing we had to create a recount about our camp experience. Check out my camp experience below:

Two weeks ago on Wednesday we had a year 5 and 6 camp. We had 5 camp groups and they were all called Weka, Tui, Piwakawaka, Kea, Pūkeko and Ruru. We all did activities each day we were there. We were only there for 3 days. On Wednesday my first activity was kayaking. It was really fun. At first I thought I was going to struggle at kayaking. But I later found out when I was in the boat that it wasn’t that bad. It was really fun and I also went pretty far away. The next activity I did was cooking. We made scones. We used a lot of sugar and we used the sugar to make some dough. We put some flower on the dough and then we rolled it up and then we got cups to make shapes and then we put it in the oven. While it was baking we went into the hall to play some games. The games they had were volleyball, tennis, table tennis and we got to use scooters. When the scones finished cooking we had to go to our school kitchen to get our scones. When I got my scones I got a plastic knife and then I cut it in half and then we got butter and then we spread it on the scones. When we finished cooking we went back to the field where all our tents were and then we went back under the big marquee. We had to get dressed in our togs because we were going to Point England pools and we went there for a little swim and a shower. After we went back we all went into different rooms to watch a movie. Luckily the room I was in was the room all my friends were in. The movie we watched was called Over the moon. Once we finished the movie we went back to our tents and it was my first time sleeping in a tent away from my family. The next day all the kids woke up so early and we were all screaming to each other from our tents. We got out of our tents and went straight under the marquee . Once all the camp groups were under the marquee we all got our breakfast and we got some hot chocolate but the hot chocolate tasted yucky. Later that day we went to a activity called killerzone. Basically killerzone was a competition against 2 teams to see which was the best. I had the best time at year 5 and 6 camp and I can’t wait to do it all again next year.